Monday 20 July 2015

26 years no service, woman drags hubby to court


A Harare woman who has been deprived of conjugal rights by her 72-year-old husband for the last 26 years has approached the courts seeking help.

Dorothy Kanyeda told the Harare Civil Court that she suspected that her husband, Jospek Kanyeda was getting ‘service’ elsewhere while she wallowed, thirsty, in the ‘sexual desert’.

The two reportedly got married in 1966. Dorothy now wanted protection from the court against her husband.

“I suspect he is quenching his sexual appetite somewhere because for the past 26-years he has been denying me my conjugal rights,” she said.

Dorothy told magistrate Mr Trevor Nyatsanza that Kanyeda often sent thugs to assault her. “He said he wanted to kill me and throw my body in the bush. “He is organising thugs to kill me and those thugs are always stalking me wherever I go,” she said.

“He sold our house in Chitungwiza and now he is threatening to evict me from our matrimonial home to accommodate his girlfriend.”

Kanyeda denied the allegations and said he loved his wife, though he skirted around the issue of ‘bedroom drought’ as alleged by Dorothy.

“I am 72-years old. What will I do with a girlfriend at this age?” he said.

Magistrate Nyatsanza dismissed the couple, ordering them to bring witnesses to court. Source:Courts

No comments:

Post a Comment