Wednesday 7 September 2016

Wicknell sad after Warriors loss in Guinea


Wicknell expressed his sadness after Zim Warriors lost to Guinea

He said : I now understand and appreciate why the best coach in the world Calisto Pasuwa continuously over emphasised that we must be in Guinea four days before the match. As people who got off the plane the same morning during the first half I could literally see them struggling with jetlag. 

We however started off the second half a lot better missing quite a few good chances. I know in soccer language this was a dead rubber match but personally in my life I’m just not used to losing. I had a sleepless night twist and turning on my king size bed in my 5 star hotel. 

Football is an addictive game and now I understand the feeling when supporters cry after matches. I kept screaming like a fool Knowly , Costa, Ndoro, Mhlanga , Cuthbert from my VVIP seat. 

I know all their names because I have them written down in my office , at home , in my phones and in all my cars but slowly slowly I’m getting to put each name to a face. They are an amazing group of boys, my brothers for life.

Source Online

No comments:

Post a Comment