Saturday 8 October 2016

Eriza aka Lady storm continues to shine on the music scene

Image result for eriza

Loose-limbed dancer, Lady Storm, birthed Lynn Magodo will surely never regret the day she traded her army uniform for dancing shoes.

Lady Storm seems to have struck the right chords in her new found career and instead of serving in the uniformed service, she has been to many a “tour of duty” entertaining patrons and the mission seems to be a rewarding one.

Since the day she left many slobbering with her moves on Jah Prayzah’s hit Eriza, the dancer has seen stage time on many big events.

While many dancers have been restricted to performing in dingy bars, Lady Storm has joined and seems well seated on the ‘’big boys” table as she continues to achieve firsts many dancers will only dream of.

Storm who recently enlisted the services of a live band for her performances and will on Saturday break new ground as the only dancer among top live musicians at the annual Zimbabwe National Army Charities Horse Race before she joins Jah Prayzah on Sunday as the only supporting act at a family show in the capital.

She will also write another piece of history as she joins Tryson Chimbetu and Simba Saini for her maiden performance in Cape Town, South Africa on November 18.

With all the good happening, Lady Storm confesses that she is humbled and pledges to work hard till she is the undisputed best dancer the country has seen.

“I am truly humbled to have achieved what I have so far. I have had a rare opportunity to share the stage with big names in the industry like Oliver Mtukudzi, Alick Macheso, Sulu Chimbetu, Jah Prayzah and Peter Moyo to mention just a few and I think it’s an opportunity many dancers would die for and to me it’s been a big break,” said Lady Storm.

“I still have a long way to go to outshine all these established artistes, for instance Jah Prayzah is my mentor so I’m still far from even dreaming about outshining him at any stage. Even Tryson but I will try my best to satisfy my fans and will continue to work hard.”

The dancer cum musician believes that most dancers have failed to reach her heights because of nu_dity and indecent dances and said she feels she owed her success to her family friendly dances.

“I have realised that I’m most wanted by the corporate world and family gatherings like weddings and parties because families can gather and enjoy my performance and I believe that is the right thing if you want to survive in the industry. These days you cannot survive on night clubs alone as bar owners are not paying,” she said.

Despite the attention, Lady Storm believes the best is still to come and she is confident that day will come.

“I am happy with my progress, but I know the best is yet to come and I know I will get there, I thank the Lord because he has been good to me,“ she said.

Source-showbiz.co.zw

No comments:

Post a Comment