Monday 8 February 2016

Misfortune trails Utakataka Express

Utakataka Express
A senior Utakataka Express band member has rejected claims that the band is cursed because of the many road accidents it has been involved it.

Rhythm guitarist Evidence “Baba Gari” Tarabuka said there was no juju involved although he admitted that he was now sacred of cars.

“Accidents are open to every individual or band member. Thus, there is no need to link them to supernatural forces. Like I said before, we are always on the road and as a result I have been involved in accidents and near accidents on numerous occasions. But that should not be an issue,” he said.

On December 31 last year, Utakataka Express frontman Peter “Young Igwe” Moyo and four of his band members, Baba Gari included, escaped death by a whisker when they were involved in a near fatal accident along the Beitbridge-Masvingo highway.

 Baba Gari told the Sunday Mail that : “Accidents have killed a lot of people and I’m very much scared of them. But I have no option. Our work involves a lot of travelling, so this trend is a fact of life that I have come to accept. But frankly speaking, ndinotya mota (I’m afraid of cars). If I had an option, ndaisakwira.”

He explained how he ended up in the Young Igwe’s car.“I failed to travel with the rest of the group because I had some unfinished business home. Peter then called to check on me and since he was still in Harare, he offered me a lift to Masvingo. After the Masvingo gig he also insisted that we travel together to Beitbridge. And the rest is history,” he said.

Source : Online

No comments:

Post a Comment