Monday 4 July 2016

Tuku in duet with wife


Oliver Mtukudzi’s wife, Daisy has recorded a song written for her by her husband.

“He (Mtukudzi) told me that he wanted me to add my voice on one of the songs he had written with me in mind. I did not want to. But one evening he just came and said ‘let us go’. I love television so much so I was very upset.

“He showed me what he had written and I asked ‘saka moda kuti ndiite sei’ (so what do you want me to do)? to which he replied ‘imba’ (sing). So I sang and he encouraged me. He told me to do it with confidence and it started making sense. 

The following day we came back and after three days, I got it right. But I have to say I have an ear for good and bad music,” she told The Sunday Mail.

She is planning a gospel album with a “few friends” and Tuku says he will support them, however, “totanga tambowavheta mashamwari acho kuti ndizvo here. Singing in the church choir is different with singing in the studio to release an album.

The song she recorded is titled Haasi Masanga.

Source: Sunday Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment