Friday 26 August 2016

Sir Richard Branson escapes death after crashing on a high speed motorbike

The 66-year-old Virgin tycoon was on a training cycle run with his two children Holly and Sam
Add caption
Sir Richard Branson has revealed how he feared he would die after crashing head first onto a road in a high-speed bike crash on the British Virgin Islands.

The 66-year-old Virgin tycoon was on a training cycle run with his two adult children Holly and Sam when the horrifying incident happened on Monday.
Sir Richard, who is worth nearly £4billion, was taken to Miami, Florida, for X-rays and scans 

Sir Richard, who is worth nearly £4billion, was taken to Miami, Florida, for X-rays and scans - which found he had suffered torn ligaments and a cracked cheek. 

He said: ‘I was heading down a hill towards Leverick Bay when it suddenly got really dark and I managed to hit a “sleeping policeman” hump in the road head on.

Sir Richard said that wearing a helmet saved his life, and his bicycle went flying off the cliff’

‘The next thing I knew, I was being hurled over the handlebars and my life was literally flashing before my eyes. 
‘I really thought I was going to die. I went flying head-first towards the concrete road, but fortunately my shoulder and cheek took the brunt of the impact.’

Sir Richard added that wearing a helmet saved his life, and his bicycle went flying off the cliff’. He continued: ‘I really couldn’t believe I was alive, let alone not paralysed.’ 

Source: Dailymail





No comments:

Post a Comment