Tuesday 11 October 2016

Baba Manyeruke berates piracy and says fans are promoting the illegal trade by buying the music


Renowned gospel artist, Mechanic Manyeruke says piracy has wiped him out. He blames music fans for playing a leading role in promoting piracy.

“Music pirates are cashing in on our music because fans are promoting them. I have worked so hard as an artiste but all in vain. 

I am currently deriving my joy from farming,” said the gospel music legend during the launch of CCAP Voice of Mbare’s ninth studio album Mukundi on Friday in Harare

The Madhimoni singer added that he now views music fans in general as fake.

 “When I was driving from Gweru last week, I was overtaken by a vehicle with many people who all screamed upon seeing me but I did not share their joy. Now, the joy of meeting fans has been eroded because they are key accomplices in the music piracy scourge,” he said.

Manyeruke’s skeptical view of music fans follows his duping by one Shepherd Sirewu from Pride Africa Network two years ago. Sirewu failed to deliver a Jaguar X7 he had promised to give the music legend in honour of his service to gospel music.

Source: Online

No comments:

Post a Comment