Thursday 18 June 2015

'I don't want to be known for who I've slept with': Taraji P. Henson

Cover girl: Taraji smoulders for Allure's July issue, turning heads in a revealing red number

After a breakout role in 2001's Baby Boy, Taraji P. Henson became a household name this year when she blew up the small screen as Cookie Lyon in Empire.

And the 44-year-old was determined to make it in the industry through talent and talent alone.
Explaining to Allure magazine why she won't date her co-stars, Taraji said: 'I always wanted to be known for my work. Not who I dated. Not who I slept with.  READ MORE AFTER THE CUT

'I have a gift, and my gift is acting. I started in the business at 26 with a kid, so I was smart enough to know reality from fantasy. I didn't want to blur the lines. This is a job that I have to do. I cannot get caught up in it.'

The ever blunt actress added: 'And if I sleep with these guys, why would they want to work with me again? The conquest is up. Now I'm just used-up p***y.' 

Taraji was widely rumoured to have dated her Baby Boy co-star Tyrese Gibson, but she is determined to 'stay professional' and keep her priorities in order. She added: 'It is a business. I'm not letting no knucklehead dude come between my hard work and my money.'






No comments:

Post a Comment