Wednesday 17 June 2015

Mhere birthday bash on this weekend

Mathias Mhere
Mathias Mhere
Top musicians will converge this weekend for the birthday celebrations of gospel musician Mathias Mhere, who turns 27. The celebrations, which are scheduled for Kingston’s House on Sunday, will see top musicians Jah Prayzah, Sabastian Magacha, ZimPraise Choir and Takesure Zama performing.

Mhere said he wanted to thank God for taking him far in life. “I am happy that God is looking after me, it is not by might or by power but it is because of His grace, I am where I am because of God’s grace,” he said.

Mhere, who is looking forward to a great event, thanked fellow musicians and hailed his fans that have stood by him since he ventured on the entertainment scene.


“I would like to thank fellow musicians who have been supporting me from the time I launched my career as a musician who are still supporting me.

“My fans have also done a great job, they have stood by me, believed in me and it is because of their steadfast and unwavering love that I am where I am today,” he said.

The “Favour” hit maker who has great hopes for a brighter future musically also hinted that he is currently working on a DVD for his latest offering Glory to Glory.

“I am working on a DVD for my album glory to Glory and people must brace for a breath taking DVD,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Gutu-born Mhere, who has had his fair share of controversy burst onto the local music scene in 2007 with the album “Tinoda Nyasha”, shot to fame courtesy of his second album “Anoita Minana” which was recorded and produced at Lyton Studios by Lyton Ngolomi. The song “Favour” made Mhere the new darling of Zimbabwean gospel music fans.

The hit song solidified his status as a serious gospel musician by releasing the blockbuster “Nguva Yenyasha” which carries songs such as “Ziya Rangu”, “Idya Tafura”, “Zino Irema”, “Number Busy”, “Mhandu Yedu”, “Peter Peter”, “Pamazuva Angu” and “Mutsvene Mu- tsvene”. The Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment