Tuesday 16 February 2016

' I will never dance nude' - Eriza

Eliza
Lady Storm popularly known as Eriza doesn’t see things like other people, that’s why she’s perhaps one of the peoples favourite dancers out there right now.

Storm showed her unique perspective to host Dj Chilla during an interview on the program Backstage, when she said she will never collaborate with either Zoey or Bev, conceivably the most respected duo in the dancing business.

Not only did Storm cast doubts on the possibilities of the trio featuring on the same project but further described Zoey and Bev as “na_ked” dancers who expose womanhood to disrepute.

“I cannot perform in front of people wearing knickers, it is not me. It is not my style. I will never collaborate with either Zoey or Bev because, I just can’t do what they do, I found it disgusting,” she said.

She also added that Bev and Zoey’s stage antics were making it difficult for other dancers. “Every time, I get on stage people ask me why I perform wearing decent clothes simply because people are now used to na_ked dancers. It is not fair,” she said.

Bev was however, calm when contacted for comment describing Lady Storm as an attention seeker.  
“I will let my work speak for itself, I am not even deterred and will not anytime soon lose my sleep over a new comer like her,” said Beverly.

Meanwhile, Storm is revelling in new found fame after featuring on Jah Prayzah’s hit video Eriza. Born Lyn Magodo, Storm confirmed that her role in Jah Prayzah’s video catapulted her career to a whole new different level.

“Jah Prayzah’s management was looking for a dancer who could perform decently unlike some of these girls who prefer ‘dirty’ dancing and nu_dity, which made me a hot favourite for the role.

“This role has made me a household name since JP is a superstar who continues to wow the hearts of many Zimbabweans with each passing day.

“I emerged from nowhere; I just arrived on the scene like that, with no one expecting me. So the thing is, I am the surprise package, just like the proverbial storm which comes without a warning,” she quipped.

Meanwhile, Storm maintains that she has had a good working relationship with JP whom she has shared stage with on many occasions.

“By now many people now know me as Eriza, the schoolgirl dancer in Jah Prayzah’s DVD but I have always been in touch with him and other artistes. At one point I would feature at his shows as a curtain raiser with my band Swagger Band. I last featured last his show sometime i October last year in Mbare at Zebra village.

Source-mafriqmusicfactory

No comments:

Post a Comment