Saturday 6 June 2015

Dirty Dancer, Bev Sibanda begs women to COME to her shows

bev begs women
Dirty Dancer Bev 
One of the country’s top dancers Beverly Sibanda, popularly known as Bev, has urged married woman to attend her shows so as to demystify any ‘untruths’ that have been levelled against her.

The 24-year-old contortionist who is currently touring South Africa left many men drooling last weekend with some laying their hands on her and her dancers while she was on stage.

“When I am on stage, I am there kuita basa. Handina basa nemurume wemunhu. I will be doing what I will be paid to do just like any other worker who is self-employed. Some women then think we will be after their husbands, ngavauye vaone. Vanhu vasataure nezvekwavasina kuswera,” said Bev in an interview on the sidelines of the show that was at Ekurhuleni Boksburg Hotel last Saturday. 


Asked whether she gets irritated by the overtures and gestures made by some unruly patrons she said: ‘I don’t drink beer and ndinotsamwa manje. At times kudealer nemunhu akadhakwa kunonetsa saka ndichida kugara hangu nemamonya angu. 

Vamwe vakadhakwa vakakuona uchitamba vonzwa kuti dai ndine munhu uyu hangu pamubhedha but inini handina basa nazvo zvese izvozvo.

“A lot has been said and written about me. Some of it zvekunyepa. I want people to come watch me in action, especially vakadzi vakaroorwa because vanofunga tirikuda kutora varume vavo. Handina basa nemurume wemunhu ini.

She added that she dances appropriately for the crowd she will be performing for and will not do any obscene dances at family shows where there are kids.

Bev was born on April fools day in 1991 and raised in Chitungwiza in a family of ten.

Bev started of as a pole dancer in 2008 at Londoners together with Zoey. She then started her group in 2011 and her popularity has risen steadily over the years and is now a recognised brand in the dancing industry. Her journey has not been a rosy one as she has attracted a lot of negative publicity along the way.

“I have stopped crying about what is written about me and all I care for is my work. Ndakanzi ndodanana nevarume hobho, especially macelebrity. I take it in my stride and continue doing what I do best which is dancing. No publicity is bad publicity anyway saka I am not worried hangu,” she added.

Ironically, former warriors’ captain Peter Ndlovu attended Bev’s show last weekend. She has previously been linked to Mamelodi Sundowns talisman Khama Billiat.

“I have had challenges and haters along the way jut like any other artiste. Ask even Macheso or Sulu, vese vane mahaters avo nemafans avo. Ini ndakati zviri nani kunzi dancer pane kunzi hure,” said the free-spirited Bev.

She refused to divulge whether she has a boyfriend and would not be drawn to comment on her fallout with Prophet Magaya in 2014. “Iyoyo yaProphet handidi hangu kutaura nezvayo, zvakaitika zvakaitika and I would not want to go there back,” said the mother of one.

She added she is worried about her 6-year old son Orlando Kudzai who is in Grade 1. ” Mwana iyeye anoshamisa, he can do all my dance moves and it is unexpected for mukomana kuti adaro,” Bev is a recorded artist with an album to her name, Tapinda Tapinda recorded in 2013 courtesy of Big Chinoperekwi who sponsored its production.

She is billed to perform in Luton and Leeds in the United Kingdom next month. Iharare.com


No comments:

Post a Comment