Friday 3 July 2015

Man on a mission to raise awareness about sexual needs of disabled people


A Johannesburg father claims that his dignity has been impaired by a well-known sexologist saying that his masturbating of his disabled son was “incestuous“. 

The man‚ who admitted on radio that he had been masturbating his now 29-year-old son since he was 18‚ said his intention was to provide for his son’s “sexual health and sexual wellbeing and [give] sexual therapy“.

The son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at six-months-old.


“In addition to the daily feeding and physical physiotherapy‚ as well as the mental stimulation that I provide my son‚ I am also aware of the sexual feelings of my son‚ indicated to me by my son’s various behavioural means‚ such as an erect penis when I am changing or bathing him‚” the father said.

He is now on a mission to raise awareness about the sexual needs of disabled people and is campaigning for physiotherapists to be trained to provide sexual therapy to patients with severe disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment