Thursday 19 November 2015

Ex-Miss Zim to take part in German pageant

Tendai Hunda
HARARE - Former Miss Zimbabwe Tendai Hunda will participate in the Miss Intercontinental pageant to be held in Germany on December 18.

Hunda, who was the third Miss Zimbabwe in 2014 following the dethronement of Thabiso Phiri and Catherine Makaya, told the Daily News that she was invited by the organisers of the pageant founded in 1971 that is hosted by the German city of Magdeburg at Maritim Hotel.

The former national beauty queen will participate in the Miss Intercontinental pageant because reigning Miss Zimbabwe Anne-Grace Mutambu will be going to China for the Miss World in the same month.

“I was contacted by the directors, Washington Ali and Hilda Mulenga who invited me to participate. I am excited this time around as I have had adequate time to prepare for the pageant.

“I am also not getting into something new; it will be my second time at such a big platform. I have the experience from being at Miss World 2014,” said Hunda.

The former Miss Zimbabwe added that participating in an international pageant without the controversy that dogged the national beauty contest last year was a major boost to her chances of landing her first international title.

“I am excited about this. It is a second chance for me. Given the controversy that characterised my reign as Miss Zimbabwe last year, this is my opportunity to correct the wrong perceptions people have of me. I am also hoping to bring the title home,” she said.

After Phiri and Makaya had been axed, Hunda found herself being thrown into the Miss World pageant a month before the global beauty competition.

So chaotic were her preparations that she reported late for the Miss World boot camp.

“I was accredited in October for the Miss Intercontinental pageant and since then I have been working on make-up, grooming and going to the gym.

“I am also doing a project with a physiotherapist from Masvingo of children who are born with deformities,” said Hunda who recently graduated with an Honours Degree in Administration from the University of Zimbabwe.

The last Zimbabwean to take part in the Miss Intercontinental pageant was Miss Tourism Zimbabwe 2008 Vanessa Sibanda. Dailynews

No comments:

Post a Comment