Wednesday 23 March 2016

Hosiah Chipanga wants to meet President Mugabe

Hosiah Chipanga
HARARE – Controversial musician Hosiah Chipanga says he will not give up until President Robert Mugabe agrees to discuss with him Zimbabwe’s worsening economic and political situation.

Chipanga, who performed at the City Sports Bar Jam Session on Monday night, told the Daily News that he has “spiritual solutions” that will bring back normalcy to Zimbabwe.

“The way Mugabe is governing this country always gives me sleepless nights. I want to meet him (Mugabe) urgently as he is lost. I have spiritual solutions for this country but his aides always block me from seeing him,” he said.

The Mutare-based singer said people close to Mugabe wrongly interpreted his determination to meet the president as a sign of madness.

“They (aides) think I am mad but actually I am not. I just want Mugabe to give an ear to a ‘madman’ like me since he once entertained the lunatic who claimed to have discovered diesel in Chinhoyi,” said Chipanga.

The Kwachu Kwachu singer said he had no intention or the capacity to harm the president.

“Let them handcuff and leg iron me if they think I can be harmful to Mugabe. What I only want is to advise him on how to take Zimbabwe out of its current problems,” he said.

Chipanga added that Mugabe was ignoring the solutions he readily provides in his music. “I tried to advise him and his government through my music but they did not listen. I then formed a church in order to give them the chance to repent but all in vain,” he said.

The radical musician said he is now ready to force Mugabe to listen and change his ways. “Now I am going to form a political party because it seems they only understand political language. I have no option but to take them head-on.

“Noah (the Biblical one) might have faced some form of resistance from carpenters when he tried to convince them to build an ark but eventually he made it alone that is what I am going to do,” said Chipanga, who leads a church called Messiah’s Apostolic Prophetical Inspired People’s Institution (Mapipi).

Interestingly, Chipanga’s criticism of Mugabe flies in the face of his song Gushungo in which he absolves the president of graft.

The Ndafunga Zano singer, who began his music career in the 1970s with the song Dai Ndakaziva, which was later banned by the Rhodesian government, shared the stage with Tedious Matsito, Biggie Tembo Junior and Andy Muridzo at the City Sports Bar weekly event.

Source-Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment