Saturday 30 May 2015

'I dont want to get married, i can only satisfy your sexual desires - Chikanga Woman

A CHIKANGA woman has dragged her long-time boyfriend to court seeking a protection order against incessant marriage proposals from him.

Olivia Mugoniwa told the court that despite dating Abel Tengende since 2010 she never wanted to get married in her life.

Appearing before Mutare Magistrate Mrs Yeukai Chigodora, the love-birds seemed to be at loggerheads with the holy matrimony issue.

Tengende insisted that he loved his girlfriend and wanted to marry her, but Mugoniwa was singing from a different hymn book.


She disclosed that she could only entertain his sexual favours, but not accommodating him as a husband.

A protection order that bars Tengende from proposing marriage to Mugoniwa was granted.

Said Mugoniwa: "Ever since we started dating I have always told him that I never wanted to get married to any man. I do not have any reason for that, but I just do not wish to get married.

"He has understood me all along, but since his wife left him last year, he has been a thorn in my flesh with his marriage proposals.

"Your Worship, I still love him, but I just cannot take it anymore."

Mugoniwa also told the court that sometime in January 2015, Tengende locked her in his house and barred her from going back to her house saying she was already his wife.

"I had to fight him to get the keys back and that resulted in my clothes getting torn. I eventually went back to my house at 3am undressed," she said.

She also told the court that Tengende had threatened to commit suicide at her house if she kept on turning down his marriage proposals.

Tengende did not object to her submissions. He, however, told the court that he no longer wished to propose marriage to her.

"Your Worship, I understand her plea. I love her and if she does not wish to marry me, so be it, we just continue with our no strings attached relationship," he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment