Sunday 13 September 2015

President Obama Can't Handle Sending Malia Off to College

President Obama and Malia 
President Obama may be the most powerful man in the world, but the thought of sending his elder daughter Malia Obama off to college is enough to bring him to tears. 

During a speech at Macomb County Community College in Warren, Michigan, on Wednesday, Obama recalled a coming-of-age moment he shared with Malia, a high school senior, recently.

"Just yesterday, Malia started her first day of senior year. You know, I was sitting in her room because I was going to see her off on her first day of school," the president said.
 "She puts her head on my shoulder and she says, 'Daddy, you know, you realize this is probably going to be the last time that you ever send me off for my first day of school.'"

Though he pretended to wipe away tears at the podium, he admitted he has broken down thinking of sending his first born off. "I had to look away. 

I didn’t want to just be such a crybaby. It makes no sense," he said. "Michelle and I are way too young to have daughters who are both almost in college now. So as a parent, I was a little freaked out."

Malia is set to graduate from Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C., in 2016. Looks like she may have her eye on becoming a filmmaker: she interned as a production assistant on Halle Berry's CBS show Extant, and also on Lena Dunham's HBO show, Girls, this summer. BET

No comments:

Post a Comment