Thursday 14 January 2016

MACHESO FORMER MANAGER TURNS TO BUSINESS


Alick Macheso's former Assistant Manager Jatiel "Malewa" Machanja has turned to business. The lanky self-proclaimed arts enthusiast who unceremoniously left the group together with his boss William Tsandukwa over mismanagement allegations said he had to find something to keep him on his feet though he still has great respect for his former boss Alick Macheso.

"Life has to continue and in as much as I have great respect for mudhara, I had to find something to put food on the table. Arts remains my first love but after taking some time off work I decided to venture into something and my present interests include a stationery business and events management including musical shows".

Machanja who has worked with established groups like Ilanga, Marshall Munhumumwe and Four brothers, Jonathan Muzondiwa and a recent stint with Dino Mudondo said he was happy to be doing something with his life but believes he still has a lot to give to the arts industry.

"I am also in the process of putting together a talent identification show targeting disadvantaged grass-roots youth. The initiative will cover drama, dancing, fashion, modelling and music. 

I am hoping to get the required sponsorship for this initiative because from my nationwide forays with Orchestra Mberikwazvo I have seen that Zimbabwe has got untapped talent."

The band manager turned musician said he was also in the process of putting together a book sharing his experiences in the arts sector spanning close to two decades. "I hope the publication will help educate musicians and other artistes on how to grow their brands." Zimrealnews

No comments:

Post a Comment