Thursday 10 March 2016

Mhere clears air on production of Double Double

Mathias-Mhere
Mathias Mhere
AWARD winning gospel musician Mathias Mhere has cleared the air regarding the producer of his latest album Double Double.

The 10 track album was produced by rising producer Gibson Makumbe at his Voice of Thunder Stunder Studios and it is the product in the street,putting to rest the controversy surrounding it. 

Mhere said he initially engaged Munyaradzi Viya before he moved on to the Chitungwiza-based Makumbe for the final product which has managed to hold its own.

“The album Double Double was done by Makumbe at VOT Studios and he was assisted by another producer Charles Ayibeki.I’m happy with how the project came out,the response is overwhelming,Makumbe is someone I geld well with him,he is talented and I like his sound,”he said.

“I initially engaged Viya but I later decided to go to VOT for the final product.I have nothing against Viya and I respect the way he does his things but this was a decision that was made after wide consultations.A lot has been said by my moving from Viya and I cannot say much,”he said.

Makumbe is of humble rising,having only limelight when Madzibaba Nicholas Zakaria assisted artistes from his stable. The producer said he is happy that the album has managed to hold its own,saying it gives him the courage to keep working.

“It is very encouraging to me as a producer to witness the success of the project.I did my part wholeheartedly and working with Mhere has been a wonderful experience,”he said.

“He is a talented musician,someone with whom you can work without any problems and I wish him success in his future endeavours,”he said.

Makumbe is unique in his own as witnessed in tracks on the album. Tracks on the album include the title Double Double,Nhau YaNoah,Jatrofa,Kesari and Makorokoza Muchurch among others.

“The whole idea is to be unique,bring in a different sound and is what I did and I’m happy that the work is being appreciated,”he said.

DOUBLE DOUBLE DEMAND RISES

The singer said his mobile phone has turned into a switchboard,with calls from all over the country for him to have shows. This follows the release of his latest album Double Double which has been received well by his legion of fans as witnessed by the songs being on radio such as the Star FM gospel greats.

“I’m having a headache,I cannot be in all the places at once. The calls are overwhelming from all over the country,in areas such as Beitbridge,Kariba and Nyamapanda,”he said.

Mhere said he is working hard to ensure that the album has gotten to all his fans.

“The fans are crying that they are not getting the original album and we are working hard to ensure that the album reaches all corners of the country.We are improving our distribution channels,”he said.

The singer said this month he will have shows in Mt Darwin and another one in the capital.

Source – Hmetro

No comments:

Post a Comment